In a recent #FridayIntroductions, I shared that I listened to podcasts all. day. long. And this is no exaggeration. As a work-from-home creative entrepreneur, I often find myself working alone, and without something in the background, my mind can run wild. Though I'm an introvert, I crave hearing the perspectives of others and learning new things, so podcasts have been an awesome way to grow and expand my own thinking. I've learned about life, business, and faith, and today, want to share some of my favorite podcasts.
- THE LIVELY SHOW - I have listened to every single one of Jess Lively's podcasts, which is why I have been reaching out for others lately. A former business owner and coach, Jess has a great way of including a range of perspectives and points of view. She asks thoughtful questions of bloggers, authors, entrepreneurs, and regular folks alike. I recommend visiting the podcast section of her website and starting from the beginning. I've listed some of my favorite interviews below.
- THE INFLUENCE NETWORK - The influence network is an incredible online resource for women in the Christian faith. The interviews are rich and full of substance, and many of them focus on business as well as faith. Jacey Verdicchio interviews entreporeneurs, bloggers, artists, and authors. This is a recent favorite of mine!
- SMART PASSIVE INCOME - Pat Flynn is the (very young) "grandfather" of passive income. He's such a kind soul and his podcast exists to help others learn all of the granular details of earning money online. I've gathered a ton of helpful information about social media, marketing, and other business-focused topics.
- 99% INVISIBLE- These short episodes tell interesting stories about sometimes obscure topics, and it definitely a nerdy slant. Bonus: The host has an incredibly soothing podcast voice.
- GRACE SIMONS: Influence Podcast interview with Grace Simons of Grace Laced, on motherhood, her art business, her faith, and more
- LINDSAY LETTERS: Influence Podcast interview with Lindsay Sherbondy of Lindsay Letters, super interseting to listen to her perspective on competition and inspiration, especially if you're a designer or hand-letterer.
- WAR AND PIZZA: 99% Invisible Podcast story of "War and Pizza" - how military operations influence the way Americans eat
- AMBER HOUSLEY: The Lively Show interview with Amber Housley, on creative conferences and maintaining a full time job along with a side hustle
- HILARY RUSHFORD: The Lively Show interview with Hilary Rushford, a super fast-paced episode about earning money online
- RACHAEL KINCAID: Influence Podcast with Rachael Kincaid: interesting perspectives on Christian faith, the role of work in our lives, and more
SHARE YOUR FAVORITE
I hope this list provides some new podcasts for you to enjoy! Leave a note in the comments and let me know if there's one you think I would like. Happy listening!